As some of you may be aware I have founded a school wellbeing initiative, AcSEED. The scheme aims to recognise and reward those schools that have made a substantial effort to support the emotional wellbeing of their students. I am at a very exciting stage in the project and in the next few months the AcSEED website will be launched. This will be a resource for teachers, schools and students. I am currently seeking VIKs/VIRs who would like to contribute to the content of the website.
So if you have something to say about education or you would like to share your story whether it be good or bad then get in contact. You may like to think about answering one or more of the following questions…
• Can you tell us about your experience of mental illness whilst at school?
• What could the school have done to support you?
• How did you want staff and teachers to treat and support you?
• How important is it for schools to raise awareness of mental illness and how can this be done?
• What do you think a lesson on mental health should cover?
Please also state whether or not you wish your writing to remain anonymous.
Send your submissions to email@example.com
Thanks, will keep you updated